Startups, Tech innovators and developer teams meet for two days to create solutions that will impact the future of arts and culture. The solutions will be presented during a hackathon closing event at 16:00 on September 21, 2017.
Tech innovators and developers meet for two day to create solutions that will impact the future of arts and culture. The solutions will be presented at the closing event during the viennacontemporary.
The VC CultTech Hackathon is at the intersection of art and IT and encourages international tech experts and startups to solve problems for the participating art institutions through the use of technology. Participation in the hackathon is a unique chance for the cultural institutions to get inspiration and fresh ideas from digital natives through exposing their business models and problems to them.
Kunsthistorisches Museum • Ticketing
How can we improve the ticketing & purchasing process for art institutions?
• How might we sell more tickets?
• How might we integrate new payment solutions?
• How might we keep contact with the customer after sales?
Wiener Staatsoper • Customer Journey & Art Experience
How can we enhance the customer experience in the opera house?
• How might we digitalize the stay in the Opera house from arrival to departure?
• How might we enhance the art experience through new technologies?
• How might we integrate community building features?
Viennacontemporary • Decision support & art-education
How can we help art lovers to make buying decisions at the Art Fair?
• How can the fair organizers and the galleries convert visitors to art buyers & collectors, also after the fair?
• How might we provide information on art pieces & artists in an interesting & engaging way before the fair? (storytelling, art education, gamification, interaction,..) and what could be the role of the galleries.
Wiener Festwochen • Information & communication on site
How can you communicate the program of the festival in a new way?
• How might we inform the user quickly & instantly of what is happening?
• How might we create a better experience (orientation/ navigation/information) on spot?
• How might we raise awareness of the events?
Stadt Wien • Concept for Culture Platform (Hacker Group: Agencies)
How can we design an overarching digital platform for all arts & culture offers and activities in Vienna?
• How might we represent all cultural offers (institutions, events, happenings,..) of Vienna in an appealing digital format?
• How can we show the offers & activities in an interesting and appealing way?
• How might we engage with the audience and create a community around the platform?
Who are we looking for?
Since this event is at the intersection of arts, culture and technology we are looking for a diverse group of participants. If you are a startup please apply here:
As every hackathon it is your opportunity to meet like-minded people, have fun, drinks, establish new relationships, introduce your craziest ideas, show off your talent, learn from your peers and create something new within limited time.
If it is not enough, we have more in store for you:
Become a part of the Pioneers network
Pioneers’ 18 tickets are at stake!In addition to the tickets, the winner gets a coaching session by Pioneers Ventures team and a match-making session with international corporates by Pioneers Discover.
Collaborate with arts & culture institutions
Use your chance to work and establish relationships with the most established and traditional Vienniese art institutions and get a valuable track record for your CV and Startup.
Join the arts scene
Take your time at the promiment contemporary fair, mingle with art experts and buyers. For art enthusiasts, the partners have organized special treats like exclusive guided tours and annual memberships.
HACK • 19.09 - 21.09
Two days of rapid prototyping. 8 Startups with over 30 participants will shape the future of arts in Vienna, Austria.
CLOSING EVENT • 21.09 -16:00
See the final pitches and outcomes of the participating Startups and meet with international ecosystem innovators.
Partner (active visitors)
Hackathon applications running until August 20, 2017 till 12am Selected startups will be informed by End August 2017 Hackathon days September 19-21, 2017 Closing Event (incl. team pitches) September 21, 2017, 16:00 Location: Marx Halle, Helmut-Qualtinger-Gasse 2, 1030 Wien